Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cotour finishing depth cuts

ngkim

can anyone suggest a method for a contour finish depth of cuts.example:after roughing cuts of 1 mm. per depth of cut for say to depth 20 mm.I would liked to finish the contour with 4 depths of cut of 5 mm each.but mcam don't allow me provided i finish the cuts with another selection of contour toolpath.i hope you all understand what i mean.thanks.

[This message has been edited by ngkim (edited 05-31-2001).]

Let me see are you say that you want to make 4 depth cuts at a certain depth put every time you put in the 4 cuts and the depth it changes it on you?

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum

I think you are saying final depth is 20 mm deep and you want the path to cut 5mm deep 4 times. Make sure on the second page of the parameter you have absolute set at (-20)mm and top of stock set to 0 absolute. Depth of cuts should be 5mm and that will get it done.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-31-2001).]

what I mean is I want to rough 1 mm per cut for 20 cuts then finish pass with depth of cut of 5 mm for 4 cuts to depth of 20 mm all in one simple 2D contour parameters.can mcam allow that or do we need to pick the contours again for the finishing passes of 4 cuts ,each 5mm.

[This message has been edited by ngkim (edited 06-01-2001).]

Chris is right. There is no way to specify different depth cuts for rough and finish side passes. That has been a request for a long time (since at least version 4 I think)

as well as the ability to make 1 rough pass leaving stock on the side AND the floor, and make 1 finish pass taking both to net. I think the former would allow for the later, but neither is currently possible...Sigh.