Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tranform toolpath, unlock/lock B and C axis

tony1001

I am using a Transform/ Translate Rectangular on 10 degrees in a 5 axis mill. It will run the first location fine, but when it goes to the next location it needs to unlock the B and C axes (M13 and M11) resets itself to the angle, then locks the B and C again (M12 and M10). I am needing to manually add the codes to the file in order to unlock and lock. Is there something that I am missing in the parameters or maybe in the control or machine definitions that will add the M codes to the posted file? Below is a section of the code. Once I manually added the M13 M11 and M12 M10, the file ran fine in the machine.

G54 G90
M13 M11
G00 B13.6885 C4.6796
G68.2 X.95 Y0. Z0. I90. J10. K0.
G53.1
M12 M10
X.30127 Y1.46681
G43 H1 Z1.
Z.1
G01 Z-.4

I found what I was doing wrong. In the Transform toolpath, under Method I had it set for Tool Plane. Once I changed it to Coordinate, the machine simply moved over to the next location and started cutting without have to retract the Z all the way to reset the 10° plane.