Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T New Motherboard

MetalMarvels

I am looking at replacing my current system with a new motherboard/CPU/Memory. In general, an Intel Pentium 4 Extreme, 3.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, and 1 MB cache. Memory - 2 GB of dual channel DDR400, low latency. I would prefer the Intel 875P Northbridge chipset.

I have been looking at and contrasting the Gigabyte - 8KNXP board, the Soyo - P4I875P Dragon 2 V1.0 Black Label Edition board, and the Chaintech - 9CJS Zenith board.

Is there another comparable MB that I should be looking at? The reviews that I have found to date seem to place these at the head of the pack, although the overclockers seem to like the Chaintech offering a bit more and they seem to like the Soyo board the least (due mostly to the BIOS).

Any opinions, experience out there?

I have to get an edge on Rekd in UT2004 somehow..... biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I decided to go with the MSI 865PE Neo2-PFISR with 2 GB of Dual-Channel 466 MHz DDR memory and a 3.2 GHz Prescott P4 processor with 1 GB of L2 cache (I considered the 3.4 GHz P4 Extreme with 2 GB of L2 cache, but they are rather pricey).

Considering how inexpensive they have gotten, I may also add a couple of SATA Hard drives and run them in RAID 0 mode.