Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Vortex 1400 MachSim Workpiece position does not match when Simulate

ThomasHg

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Recently I've just finished a Mazak Vortex 1400 MachSim. Toolpath selected and load MachSim to Simulate and seeing my Workpiece isn't the same position of how I set it up in the program. When I tried to Selected elements and add the Machine Table (X_AXIS) and it does show the Workpiece in the right position but it also bring in the machine table. I attached two images for more info.

model created in Mcam 2019 and export as .stl when describes machine.

.xml set to inch

Are there any step I need to do to correct?

Thank you in advance.

T

IMAGE1.png

IMAGE2.png

Where did you set zero for the machine when it was built? That s where any items you make will come into the simulation when using automatic. Whatever the distance is from that Zero to where you want it s where you have to not use Automatic position and then make the adjustment needed. Another trick is to make a sheet solid .001 think that is the table size and then it would do exactly what you are seeing without having to pick the whole table and get stack up you are getting.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Another trick is to make a sheet solid .001 think that is the table size and then it would do exactly what you are seeing without having to pick the whole table and get stack up you are getting.

the .001 shim trick works great. Thank you much.

• Like 1