Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Haas TLO probe

chris m

Good afternoon

We got our Haas VF2 installed and running last week and I am now on a mission to create programming and machine setup standards for it before we get a million programs written 'to get it going' and need to fix them all when I decide how we want to handle it, which will inevitably be different than my initial ideas.

My main question right now is the manner of using the tool offset probe that we got as part of their Quick Code Probing package. Are any of you folks currently using this in your machine? With the level of operator aptitude we currently have in my shop I'm absolutely positive that something [either the TLO probe or various cutting tools] will get cleaned off if they are required to either: 1) use the 'Quick Code' program generator every time they touch off, or, 2) edit a 'stock' program in memory to change tool numbers and whatnot every time.

I'm sure I could write some sexy macros to deal with this issue but I'm wondering if somebody else may have seen something I missed..?

Thanks in advance for any help

C

As a side note, Renishaw doesn't like G91 G28 Z0. and neither does the apps guy at my Haas dealer; they advocate the G90 G53 Z0. approach

What are you fellas doing out there?

Were running a 2005 VF1 with the reinshaw probe

quote:

As a side note, Renishaw doesn't like G91 G28 Z0. and neither does the apps guy at my Haas dealer; they advocate the G90 G53 Z0. approach

banghead.gif We were running G49 G28 Z0

The mold maker who runs our machine seems to like it.

The quick programming macros.......He's pretty proficint in MasterCam, I think he just draws it up. I like some of the things you can do with the macros. If a machinist wants to bore jaws, pocket W/o bothering the programmer etc. cheers.giffirebounce.gif

We are currently using one as well. What I like to do is touch off the probe on the table, then do the tools when a tool swap is needed. Although I have no idea of your situation I think anyone with some wits would have no problem learning the tool probe. You can also do as you said make a cool macro you can also try

http://www.programmingunlimited.com/

for some software and ideas on getting it done.

I think the one thing to remember is make sure you operator always has the speed set at 100% or lower. Anything higher will bust the probe.

quote:

somebody must've bought it

We did, unfortunatly our machine wont be here for several weeks yet - just ordered VF2. biggrin.gif

The thing I'm worried about is its going in on of our Indiana plants, and its the first CNC in that plant.

Looks like I will be spending some time there for a while!!!!! frown.gif