Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Brand new to Mastercam and stuck on something

Accurpress

First time posting and if this isn't the right place my apologies.  I'm attempting to teach myself Mastercam and I'm only a few days into it.  I made a 3D model from a 2D print and then made a corresponding NC file.  It was a struggle since trial-and-error was my main plan of attack, LOL. I originally did the operations for the part to be mounted in a vise on a vertical mill.  After I was done I decided that I want to make the part in a horizontal mill  instead. I'm wanting to match the y-axis print zero to the fixed jaw so for the vertical that puts the machining on the negative side of y.  But now that the part is going in a horizontal mill that puts the machining on the positive side of y.... if I want to constrain the fixed jaw to the print zero.  So I thought to myself, "this is why CAM exists, to quickly change processes that would take a long time to long hand a program"

So I did dynamic transform to move the origin to the appropriate place so that I'm teaching the part at the fixed jaw.  The trouble I'm having is that all my operations move correctly after regenerating with the exception of the face mill. The face mill operation is exactly 6 inches off, which happens to be the height of the part in y.  I've tried scrapping the facing op and creating a new facing operation and I get the same result.  I've gone through the operation parameters a bunch of times trying to figure out which value is off and I can't find anything but I'm a noob so..... I tried going into the Planes section of the parameters and doing a shift in the values there to attempt a "work shift" for just that operation but that didn't do anything.  I'm to a point where the only way I know to fix it is delete everything and start from scratch which obviously wouldn't be ideal.  Any ideas on where I'm screwing up? I attached a couple pics hoping that helps.  Thanks

before.jpg

After.jpg

45 minutes ago, Werktuigbouwer said:

Did you use wireframe geometry?

Is that also translated? Check mayby for a hidden level

Bam! That was it. I didn't have wireframe visible when I was doing the window selection so it didn't grab those entities.  I thought toggling what was visible on the Planes manager was merely to clear up a cluttered screen. I didn't realize that also dictates what can get changed or not changed..... now I know.  Thank you so much for your response.  Now on to the next very simple hurdle I can't overcome, haha