Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Error Code 304 help

Aaron Clements

On 6/28/2023 at 8:14 AM, Aaron Clements said:

Holy crap thank you! So that section did up working! For everyone wondering why i dont go in on mastercam and fix it, the machinist that was at the company for 30 years was very old school. Programmed all on the machine. wasnt till a few years ago he started doing all this on the computer and almost everything is a 2D wire drawing that are hard to read. Still learning how to make them solids so i can read and understand better! Will definitely be using the links you have posted to help me out! 

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked.

The thing I hope you can see if you examine the Mastercam File I attached > you can use Mastercam to "reverse engineer the G-Code", by plotting the XY points. For the Arcs, on a Haas machine, the IJK values are "relative to the start-point of the arc". This can be easily done by taking the XY position (before the current G02/G03 line), and using Transform to copy that point to the IJK location. Then use "Arc - Polar" to construct the Arc in Mastercam.

What I did was to manually draw out the path, so I could visualize the cutter path. When I started building the 2nd path, I could measure that it was offset by 0.015, but by constructing the physical geometry, I was able to deduce that while "x-or-y values have been shifted", that was done by just editing the NC code. The older Leadwell machine was able to ignore the arc errors (likely has a higher tolerance set in the control parameters).

So even if the old machinist created all those old programs by hand, you have a very capable tool in the form of Mastercam combined with your mind.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody has downloaded the Mastercam File, or the NC Code file. Perhaps people didn't realize there were downloads attached, because they were in the middle of my reply?