Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation / 3d Contour / Linking / Automatic Depths

Jobnt

2020, when doing 3d contours with different z depths using a secondary C and T plate to the WCS, some things I do to the operation, like change stock allowance, break the depths and force everything to the same Z depth at the WCS.

Is this a bug?

Here's a little more context... (I can't upload an MC file, sorry, and I hid some of the geometry to protect proprietary designs).

I didn't create this operation so I'm not sure how it was initially set up, but it does deburring using incremental depths. The Depth is locked to Automatic. It works fine. I was able to re-chain everything, change wall and floor stock settings, top of stock, feed plane etc and no problems.

image.thumb.png.886cfdb589c4461ef9f0a73f33e87c2e.png

Now when I try to change wall stock from -.025 to -.021 it blows up and the depths all go to WCS Z zero. 

image.thumb.png.525b95023d2497203795c5369d9c171c.png

I'm not sure what I changed to make this happen but it's done it on a few different files over the last 6 months. This time the only thing I can think of that I changed was to copy that operation after itself and reselected all the chains and depths and stuff.