Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2024 Issues

sharles

I've been in 2024 a couple of months now. And even though I'm mostly happy with it, I keep having some glitches, but they don't happen all the time, so I'm wondering if I'm imagining things or if anyone else has noticed them too.

1) Sometimes when I import operations, 2024 brings in all the operations from the file I'm using rather than just the ones I selected.

2) It seems like my operation defaults keep changing. This morning one operation came in with the parameters I had used the previous day even though I was starting with a fresh part and hadn't imported anything. It's not the first time my default parameters have changed.

3) Sometimes I'll try to use Machine Simulation and it will give me a bunch of error messages and won't run. But if I close Mastercam and reopen it, Machine Simulation will work again.

And there have been some other glitches, but these are the ones I think I keep seeing. Anyone else?

Maybe check your default locations for operation files etc, seen similar behavior in the past on systems that don't run the default locations. And for this reason and ease of transitioning between releases I have set up our current system to use default locations on all computers with a backup software like Karen's Replicator handling the job of keeping the files backed up and at there latest state.

11 hours ago, MrFish said:

Maybe check your default locations for operation files etc, seen similar behavior in the past on systems that don't run the default locations. And for this reason and ease of transitioning between releases I have set up our current system to use default locations on all computers with a backup software like Karen's Replicator handling the job of keeping the files backed up and at there latest state.

My machine defaults are all in default locations. However, my import files I keep on my desktop so I can find them easily.

• Like 1