Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can anyone here hook me up with X2 install media?

volitan71

I'm about to program something for a shop, they only have X2 and aren't upgrading. They have it on an old crappy computer.

If I can get a copy of the install I can use it at home with their key (hope it wasn't still printer port back then, I don't have one of those)

Otherwise I'm going to have to try and "goto my pc" in to this dinosaur and program a couple jobs.

Mastercam website only goes back to X3

Thanks!

Looks like it's available via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110831092122/http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads/MastercamX2/Default.aspx

You can right click on the file and choose "Save Link As" and it'll download.   I don't know whether it works or not, I don't have the capability to run it :)

There's also a lot of sketchy looking sites that host if you google the EXE, but I trust archive.org!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, jpatry said:

I hope you're charging enough

This guy pays pretty well. He's the only one I do any outside programming for. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Looks like it's available via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110831092122/http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads/MastercamX2/Default.aspx

You can right click on the file and choose "Save Link As" and it'll download.   I don't know whether it works or not, I don't have the capability to run it :)

There's also a lot of sketchy looking sites that host if you google the EXE, but I trust archive.org!

It worked! Thanks Aaron! See picture below.

1 hour ago, Jayson Kramer said:

as a follow up note, X2 runs off USB as the last version to run white parallel key should be V9.1. I know as the release of V9 I was running USB.

I also have the installs.1676430727_x2installs.jpg.f393f8bc09c56f49494620f8e1497cd3.jpg

Thanks Jayson, got it working with the USB key from work (with permission!)

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 3.49.17 PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, byte said:

I still have my school book from Mastercam for X2, I really liked the old X's!

I guess one you get it set up the way you like it... Look at that ribbon or whatever they called it back then. It's kind of a disjointed mess. Unless I'm not understanding the method to their madness, which is quite possible.

18 minutes ago, volitan71 said:

I guess one you get it set up the way you like it... Look at that ribbon or whatever they called it back then. It's kind of a disjointed mess. Unless I'm not understanding the method to their madness, which is quite possible.

I would do a lot of stuff in the file menus, then some more frequently used stuff in the ribbon. 

The new menus are easier to find stuff for a new user, it has a lot of clicking around and getting to the file menu is slow

7 hours ago, volitan71 said:

Glad you got it up and running!

Yeah, that was a common problem on the X series...  The toolbar positions were saved in whatever resolution the developers used, but when you opened it on a different resolution, it would randomly space them around, and you had to slide it back.

It worked really well for "custom" interfaces, though.  I had an installer for my Centroid customers that would go through and configure all of the Settings > Config things I needed, as well as give them a custom button bar with all the commands they needed for cylinder head porting. 

• Like 1
On 9/23/2023 at 11:32 PM, Aaron Eberhard said:

Glad you got it up and running!

Yeah, that was a common problem on the X series...  The toolbar positions were saved in whatever resolution the developers used, but when you opened it on a different resolution, it would randomly space them around, and you had to slide it back.

It worked really well for "custom" interfaces, though.  I had an installer for my Centroid customers that would go through and configure all of the Settings > Config things I needed, as well as give them a custom button bar with all the commands they needed for cylinder head porting. 

I did not know that archive.org held on to old files too. Thought it was just websites. What an incredibly useful service. I'll have to donate more than the usual $1 here and there with other purchases.

• Like 1