Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazatrol SmoothX/G macro variables always displayed as exponential if "too long"

image.png.4cbaca19c22556d4bf3cb759083254a0.png

This seems like a no-brainer to me, but how the heck do you check what number is stored inside a macro variable if it is so long that the control forces to display it as exponential? Dealer has not been able to provide a solution. Are the values stored somewhere on the hard drive so that I can write an app for manipulating them?

These is an option "Not exponential display" under the settings menu, but it does not resolve this problem.

22 hours ago, Jake L said:

You mean like converting the scientific notation to standard form?

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/scientific-notation-converter.php

No. The control is hiding digits by using exponential notation if it deems the value too long, which is kind of dumb, because there is more than enough room for digits in the user interface. Otherwise the control is very fluidy and nice, but I would really appreciate if the numbers being engraved were displayed fully!

On 1/22/2024 at 7:59 AM, SlaveCam said:

image.png.4cbaca19c22556d4bf3cb759083254a0.png

Well, that's just rude! 😮

I agree, not helpful at all.

In FANUC-ese, if parameter #6019.0 = 0 it outputs the MACRO variables in hexadecimal. #6019.0 = 1, it outputs them in normal decimal. Not related to your problem but it's still a "Why on earth would you want that?" :headscratch: :rofl:

Anyway, good luck @SlaveCam