Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Random post-processing behavior

jesse_a_b

I am trying to post the drilling operation as seen in the first picture.

Trying to post all operations at the same time ? Never going to work, I did everything, change the name of the files, etc. I can only post operation in the same plane apparently.

The G-code produced is the second picture. It lacks the rotary command to change plane for the drilling operation.

Now if I click on Machine definition, don't touch anything, save and exit, then post again ?

I get the G-code from the 3rd picture, now with the correct A90 tilt.

screen0.png

screen1.png

screen2.png

After selecting all operations and changing the name of the NC file, Mastercam randomly throws this error as well, and posts incorrect G-code.

I also tried to create a new plane so that all my operations have the same offset number. Still won't post the 3rd operation with the other two.

Then I select only one operation, open and close the machine definition (without changing anything), then it correctly posts the one selected operation.

screen4.png

OK I finally solved the problem by adding the "MULTIAXIS LINKING" operation, this wasn't in the tutorial I followed so I didn't know it was needed.

I hope it won't throw me another random error.

The tool planes you have setup in  paths, don't work....

Unless that machine def & post are setup to rotate around the "B" axis it will never output properly.

A default MPMaster post for rotational work will default to rotating around the X in a 4 axis VMC configuration and in the HMC configuration, it will rotate around the Z axis.