Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Floating Fixtures and Parts in Moduleworks Simulator

When using the Module Works Simulator sometimes the Automatic Position setting will no longer place my work in the correct position. Then I have to change to Translated Position and set everything to zero to put it back in place. Does anyone know what causes this to occur. I have two saves of the same file where in one automatic positions it correctly and on the other it floats. The second one I was in process of making some viewsheets and when I went back to simulate the part was floating. I think creating the viewsheets was the only thing I changed so I don't understand why that would cause my part to be floating in space in the Simulator. Please let me know if you can shed some light on this

Not sure its completely related but we had an error similar and I eventually found an unwanted "fixture" stl saved in the MachSim folder. For some reason sometimes the software would use that fixture to work out its stock position off the table, other times it would use the one from the mastercam setup. Anyway once deleted it stopped the random placement. Might be worth checking. MachSim folder is in Public Documents, MC folder

• Thanks 1