Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hyundai WIA experience ?

2 hours ago, Johnward Holmeson said:

Last place I worked at had a KF5600 with the mold package.  It's a pretty well built machine from what I remember.  The integral spindle was super nice as well.  

Hmmmm...."integral spindle"....having been very badly bitten 20+ years ago with Hitachi machines, which all had integral spindles, when they need a rebuild it is mega-expensive.

I really don't think you can beat a direct drive spindle with coupling - thinking Robodrill, Matsuura's, even my 15k rpm Feeler machines had that. Really simple and IMHO, technically far superior to keep the motor (many KW = heat) well away from the spindle bearings....

14 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Hmmmm...."integral spindle"....having been very badly bitten 20+ years ago with Hitachi machines, which all had integral spindles, when they need a rebuild it is mega-expensive.

I really don't think you can beat a direct drive spindle with coupling - thinking Robodrill, Matsuura's, even my 15k rpm Feeler machines had that. Really simple and IMHO, technically far superior to keep the motor (many KW = heat) well away from the spindle bearings....

Oh I don't doubt they're stupid expensive to replace.  As far as growth and such it was pretty damn stable.  Was an excellent machine for super tight mold work.

• Like 2