Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Aggregate C-Hook

CNC-Mill_Guy

We have a retrofitted manual mill with 3 axis Accurite controls which is capable of tilting the head. I have a need to tilt the head in 1 direction in order to mill a particular pocket. This will change the Z axis travel to no longer be 90 degrees to the X-Y plane. Will the Aggregate C-Hook take care of this issue or do I need to look elsewhere? It appears that Aggregate C-Hook is for angle heads that do not actually rotate the axis, but simply rotate the tool. This C-Hook is new turf for me, and I don't want to spin my wheels figuring it out if it won't do the trick. Is there a better method? My other option is to tilt the part.

Thanks in advance,

yes it does do that. there is suposed to be a sample in the router section. I have played with it a little but found it kind of a pain in the arse. you have to create the opperation and then apply the chook to the opp. so every time you change somthing to havr to re apply the chook

Irupe

rotate the object to be machined, then define the new work plane cplane-entity choose x and y then select save. Be sure to set the Z contruction level. As long as your spindle is on the same angle, you can machine this without the aggregate c hook. If you want to use the aggregate c hook for this your post will have to be set according to your machine specs.

rgds

George

ps

I do this all the time

• 2 weeks later...

After contacting MCAMNW, I understand that aggregate will not work for this. Keep in mind that the entire head will tilt, including the quill which causes the head aches. The Z travel will no longer be perpendicular to the X/Y plane. They are working on it now for me through a post processor equation.

Thanks again for all your input.