Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D PARAMETRIC SPLINE

Hi again all! I was reading a thread about breaking up g1 x,y & z moves into g2/3 moves, which would severly cut down program lengths.

My partner and I are working on a fly fishing reel as a class project in one of the cnc courses, and one of the assy parts has 4 helical contours (used the thelix c-hook). It could be programed by using g2/3 xyzijk, but mcam spits it out as a &*()*) load of xyz moves. I tried the filter/create arcs, but when I reposted, it didn't change. It's at the bottom of the following web page..

http://cadfree.corning-cc.edu/~reynolds/mastercam_parts.htm

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Mike R.

Mike,

gstevens suggested probably the best way - use contour-ramp. I was also able to do it with 'pocket - helix entry'. In both cases though you end up with an extra circular toolpath at the bottom that has to be hand edited out.

BerTau

(I am sending an e-mail that shows a sample of both toolpaths)

Bertau you are were in Newbery park?

What Company do you work for if i may ask..

Cadcam is vary curues can't you tell.

thanks

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 06-08-2001).]

Another way is to contour an arc and using change at a point in the chain manager change the ending Z value

Thanks to Jay you can get the a sample file here called Arcramp.zip:

ftp://[email protected]/Mastercam%20forum/

PS: beacuse of a space in the directory on the ftp site you cannot douple-click on the file to download, Right click and specify "Copy to Folder..."

[This message has been edited by CycleTimeCharles (edited 06-08-2001).]

""Bertau you are were in Newbery park?""

Cadcam - I'm about one mile due west of Cad Cam Consulting's offices. On Old Conejo Rd just across the 101 fwy. Wilson Sporting Goods has a 5 person prototype mold shop and machine shop for golf club research. (also,we are just starting to make some prototype tennis racquet molds for the tennis dept.)

Great place to work!!

BerTau