Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3+2 question

DavidB

Hi again all,

Can someone please explane to me what this means.

In the training notes it says:

The primary rotation is defined by selecting the gnomon vector that defines zero and assigning it to 'rotaxis1'

I want to set my primary axis to rotate about the Z axis of a Vertical machine.

#Primary axis angle description (in machine base terms)

#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis must be the XY plane

rotaxis1 = vecy #Zero ?????????????????

rotdir1 = vecx #Direction ??????????????

cheers.gif

Hi again David,

I'm thinking this means that the primary rotary 0 degrees is vecy which is at 12 o'clock position looking down from the top view, and rotation positive direction is rotation from vecy to vecx so the table would actually rotate counterclockwise for positive angular motion,

but I'm not sure .

HTH

Jim

Jim put like that i understand Thx.

So if i want my table to rotate CCW for a positive direction I would have.........

rotaxis1 = vecx #Zero

rotdir1 = vecy #Direction

That would be for the Primary which rotates around Z.

Now for the secondary which rotates around machine Y axis would you look at it from the front of machine or the back of machine?

rotaxis2 = vecx #Zero ??????????????

rotdir2 = vecz #Direction ??????????

Looking from the front i need the rotation to be CCW for a positive direction

Thx for all the help

cheers.gif

David,

You're on the right track. For your primary

zero degrees rotaxis1=vecx would mean at 3 oclock top view, I think CCW positive direction should be rotdir1=-vecy

not sure about secondary, you'll have to test it to see the output, if rotaxis2=vecx gives you the

proper tilt zero deg position, but rotdir2=vecz is the wrong direction, change it to rotdir2=

-vecz.

Cheers,

Jim

David,

With the part WCS set to top, you will have to create the c/plane and t/plane normal to the specific feature you want to drill/mill. Once you've established that (I always write down the c/plane number created in case I have to go back to it) go ahead and make your toolpaths (other than multiaxis) and the post should output both rotary positions once the way you want. Then you can work on the next feature you want, by creating a new c/plane, t/plane for that.

Jim