Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reverse posting

I think there was recently a extensive discussion on this topic.

FYI: Reverse posting is a really iffy prospect. Don't think you're going to get a part print out of it. You just loose too much in the process. That's not unique to Mastercam's reverse post, it's just the nature of the process.

The best you can hope for is gaining insight to how the programmer machined the part; (which is very useful).

During my employment at Raytheon, we found it MUCH more effective to look at what the previous programmers had done, then just reprogram the parts from scratch.

Not only did we have confidence in the final product, we could take advantage of new tooling, etc.

IMHO, Don't waste too much time trying to make this work, it isn't worth it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Michael,

Since all you want to do is graphically look at g-code, I'd suggest taking a look at Metacut View http://www.metacut.com . This program is far less expensive than you might think. $350 USD last I checked. You can download a trial version for free and use it for like 15 days. If you like it, buy it. If no, no biggie. Some mice features are it works very well with Mastercam. There are a few posts , that have some switches that will (after posting) automatically launch it, set up the job information, tooling, etc.... and go. Pretty slick for $350. I believe own very own Webby developed the post for it. Check it out.

BTW - I am not affiliated with any software reseller, just someone that has used the product, and think it deserves mention.

------------------

James M. ;)

Mike i agree with him this might be what you need at good price.

other wise i will get you a price and info if you still want.

but try all of this stuff to see what will do the job the the way you want it.

And i am a software dealer.

but i look at it as what do you want it to do for you.

so give it a try.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum