Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SW-MC direct

mayday

quote:

go to 'Tools-Add-ins..' in SW and turn on the MCDirect

thats the problem. Its not there. I ran the setup from a temp dir. all it asked for was my MC dierectory. in the help.html it says to copy th sw-mcdirect.exe to SW but that file is nowhere to be found

Mayday, just curious how it goes for you. We design here in Solidworks and import with the parasolid direct, but I've been experimenting with the direct and get different results from diferent files. I've found it hard to just pin point what's causing the dificulties in the conversions. Guess that's why them program writers get all the big bucks eh! Cornfuse us and stump us and then give us the answers. headscratch.gif

Just Kidding Programmers smile.gif

Hi Steve, sorry I about not replying right away. Yes I have the patch installed and like I say, sometimes the converter works great! It's the cats MEOW, to be able to go into the file and manipulate the solid as I would in Solidworks or suppress features is really powerfull. Just adds true functionality to the software. But... for some reason I'm not able to find a comparison, other files just don't seem to want to translate in even when they are similar in design build. I wondered at first if it was external references getting blown out in the translations but I tried files with only simple features that would have file not come thru clean. I love the feature and will keep trying it, just a matter of finding time to try and troubleshoot it. Gotta keep making chips also! biggrin.gif

p.s. I am running 9.1 on sp2, gotta install the mro304 yet with Solidworks 2004 on a win 2k system.

chip,

sorry about the late reply, your email took a while, over 4.5mb of file attachments. Had to head home for dinner. 14 hours days are enough. From the BMP you sent me, I can see you are not on V9.1Sp2 or V9.1MR0304. The patches for the translators and the 5-28-04 direct are for those versions only. Do a full install of the V9.1Sp2 and re-do the patches and direct. Or install MR0304 and do the 5-28-04 Direct.

Bradst,

yes the direct works for most files but somethings just don't come across with the history. Worst case, just bring it in as a featureless brick. When you have files that don't come across with the history, and you think it should have, send a copy to your dealer and/or [email protected], I'm sure they would be very interested in seeing the issues.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the help. Roger at Prototek has been very helpfull (great guy to work with) but due to the nature of our parts I can't release them. Kind of a nice catch 22. Need help but can't release the files for disclosure reasons. As I stated in my first post I was just looking to get some feedback on how it's was working for somebody else. I'll gladly use your advice Steve, I've been so intent on getting the tree in that I've forgotten the other options also.

Thanks Much!