Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Tool Problems

Code_Breaker

It could be in the way the tool is getting scaled to match the diameter value. Is the tool drawn with 1" being the outside dia?

One option you may try is to merge the tool geo into the mc9 you are working with on a "tool1" level and use the level option. This also keeps the tool geo with the part incase someone else works on it or you email it off.

HTH

Jimmy,

I tried the level approach, but it did not work. Also, the tool is drawn to the 1" diameter--still does not work.

BUT, I finally removed the center line and the top line which enclosed the geometry fo one half of the tool. When I did that, it worked fine, including the level approach.

Thanks for your input. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif