Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Curve Five Axis / Depth cuts

Has anyone had luck with using the Depth cuts feature in "Curve Five Axis". I haven't been able to get it to work correctly. The tool just does all kinds of wierd things once I try.

For now the work around is just change the vector depth and just copy the Op.

?

Thanks for any replies,

Mike

You should do it the way you are now because of the way the toolpath works. The problem is that the individual passes are treated as one continous cut in the .NCI file which can lead to crashes when posted. Usually you'll need to put a safety "point" toolpath inbetween the depth cuts as an intermediate point between the end of one pass and the beginning of the next. If you're chaining a closed contour, depth cuts will probably work OK, but I still prefer the individual op method.

Hey guys thank for the help! I really appreciate it.

I have two parts that are simalar. One of them is already shipped to the customer and the other we are going to cut tonight and tomorrow. So..I will finish the program because of course we are very late and then I will post one of the MC9 files up tomorrow so that you guys can have a look if you want.

I am getting results but am VERY GREEN an this 5ax stuff.

Thanks

Hey guys,

The last program is complete and the parts are almost finished.

I put a file in the MC9 files directory. "Michael Whitten 6-18-04-1.zip"

Look at it if you like. The program is not fully optimized because they gave me virtually no time to program it and we only had one part to build. It is a fairly simple but nice little part for a five axis machine.

The main problem I had was the machine we had to run it on was way to small. The spec for the swing in only 300mm(11.811") and the part was a little over 16.9". It was hard to get the part machined with the small travel on the machine. The machine is a Matsuura MAM72-3VS and has a 6" dia pallet!

Thanks for the support.

Mike