Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Informational Interview

aha24

Hey guy's right now I am still working with Vocational Rehab. to figure out what kind of training I can get for CNC Programing or CAD.I told the person I have been working with about Macdac & Services4automation and she is supposed to be looking in to both.

Now I was wondering if you could help me with This informational Interviewing I have to do. It is more for people that would be involved with the hireing of a programer/Cad operator.I will put the questions and you could just type out your answers in this post or email them to me. [email protected]

Peter scott maybe you know of some people/company's in the central Mass. area I could talk with.

Informational Interview

Company Name:

Phone # :

Contact Name:

Date:

Position inquireing about is CNC Programer or CAD operator

1. What are the job duties of this job?

2. What are the physical requirements? (i.e. lifting, walking,sitting,ect..)

3: What qualifications does an applicant have to have?

4:What type of experience?

5.How many people do you hire in this capacity?

6.What is the salary range?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

1. What are the job duties of this job?

To import/create CAD data for Manufacturing Purposes. Create CNC Programs using Mastercam Software from start to finish. Design, create fixtures if applicable. Occasionally setup, proove out, and inspect first article. Create setup sheets for setup personell to follow. Manitain current revision levels. Support Enginering in new R&D projects.

quote:

2. What are the physical requirements? (i.e.

lifting, walking,sitting,ect..)

Sometimes you will be using a PC for extennded periods of time and others, you will be out setting up a machine. You may be required to lift a 6" Kurt D688 vise. You may spend a cionsiderable amount of time walking back and forth between your desk and the machine where you have something running.

quote:

3: What qualifications does an applicant have to have?

Prior machining experience REQUIRED 2 years minimum CNC Programming experience required as well.

quote:

4:What type of experience?

Machining, Horizontal and Vertical, Programming with Mastercam.

quote:

5.How many people do you hire in this capacity?

On an as needed basis.

quote:

6.What is the salary range?

Depends on experience, starting around $30k per year.

Do you need these as a verification for some type of a program. I am thinking you need to open up the yellow pages and see what you can find in your area for both things. Look ta this way with one prfession you will become the guy that designs stuff the CAd person or you can be the guy that makes the stuff the Cam person all up to you. I will tell you this though I don't care how much you know about Mastercam if you have no machiist background you are only ever going to be ok at making part in my humble opinion. You need to know what the tools do how they work in certain materials, chip clearence, fixuring for operations, set-up, interpet mechinal drawings ot 3d models, and the list goes on and on. If you draw things all day you need to have some skills but when they Say being a Machinst/Programmer is a skilled position they mean it!!!

HTH as far as contact info mine is on our web site. As far as your list goes what James put up is perfect in my book.