Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post edit.

Diablo God

quote:

If your tool staging is on a lnie by itself, then it is easy to prevent it from coming out if the tool ias already in the spindle. The current line for tool staging would read like this:

n, *next_tool, e

If you change that to this:

if next_tool <> t, n, *next_tool, e

Then the tool staging command will only be output if the next tool and the current tool are different.

This ended up working great, But one problem still remains. It will still pull up the tool again at the tool change line (ptlchg)

this is the line, *n, *t, "M106"

So I tried a variation of your suggestion to help.

*n, if *t <> t, *t, e

And just says variable not defined. I am very close thanks mucho from eveyone who has helped. Already bringing down my hand edit time. I love taking the time to make a program postable. I train my guyz to not edit at the control as much as possible. So 1 year down the line we can make a modification to a program. And still post to the machine and be up, instead of trying to remember all that was edited back a year ago..

Jim

quote:

And still post to the machine and be up, instead of trying to remember all that was edited back a year ago..

We almost never have that here we just post the code and for the most part walk away. We will get you there. Did you try the method I showed you and if you did what problem did you have?

You would have to add that at both places in the post to get rid of the stage tools when they are the same will not work in just one place has to be in the psof and ptlchg with that post.

HTH

I tried some varations on the tool change with no luck.

This is the psof

psof # Start of file for non-zero tool number

prv_c = c9k

hispeed = 0

if tplnout = 1, ttplane = wbuf(1,wc1)

preset

!opcode, !coolant

if tcnt = 1, stagetool = 2

progno

comment

n, "G00" "G40", "G49", "G80", *sgabsinc, ptplane, e

# pg28_sof

*n, *t, "M106"

# if stagetool = 1, n, *next_tool

startflg = 1

nobrk_sav = nobrk

nobrk = 1

# n, phi_sped

ptlchg

ptlchg # Tool change

n, phi_spedof

preset

!opcode

n, "M09"

n, pinc, "G28", "Z0."

n, "M05"

n, pop_stop

n, "G00", *sgplane, "G40", "G49", "G80", *sgabsinc

comment

N, "G90"

*n, *t, "M106"

#if stagetool = 1, n, *next_tool

startflg = 1

nobrk_sav = nobrk

nobrk = 1

# n, phi_sped

!coolant

samples

G40 G49 G80 G90

G17

N100 T2 M106

<----- no stage to t2 so this is fixed

G0 G54 X.0686 Y-20.1328 S10000 M3

G43 H2 Z1. M08

N102 T2 M106 <--- this is where the machine alarms.

<----- again no stage to t2 so this is fixed,

G0 G90 G54 X.0686 Y-20.1328 S10000 M3

G43 H2 Z1. M08 <--- h# is shoved in so that is fixed

GON

I am assuming It is in the ptlchg I need to fix it. Every variation I type either says errors on the line where I typed, Or says variable not right or something.

Again I am assuming it is this line needs to be fixed.

*n, *t, "M106"

If kinda using the other format, it should look like this?

*n, if next_tool <> t, n, *next_tool, "m106", e

error is variable not defined: if next_tool<>t

*n, if t <> t, n, *next_tool, "m106", e

error is variable not defined: if t<>t

*n, if *t <> t, n, *next_tool, "m106", e

error is variable not defined: if *t<>t

Jim, the asterisk forces output.

You posted earlier "This mainly happens when I do a forced tool change". Forcing the toolchange is forcing the post through ptlchg. Normally you would be travelling through ptlchg0 (null toolchange postblock). You are going to have to check the previous tool against the current tool in this case to supress output.

i.e.-

if prv_t <> t, *n, *t, "M106", e

Just posted my program with the last portion of code paul added in. Works great !!

God you just saved my tons of time on editing and getting new production up on this machine. biggrin.gif

Guess might as well be greedy and fix the last portion of the post. This post I use is modified post that was supplied to me a long time ago.

When I turn this post on through ncutils. The miscallaneous values will not display the added on meanings. for example, it will read misc.interger [1] instead of Work coordinate [0 1=G92 2=G54...]

If I load the orignal it shows the g92 / g54, and the rest of the untergers. I dont know how it ever got turns off. I checked under display misc and it is turned on.

Anyhow thanks guys much appreciate the help on this. This was the last machine that did not have its post dialed inperfectly.

Jim

quote:

When I turn this post on through ncutils. The miscallaneous values will not display the added on meanings. for example, it will read misc.interger [1] instead of Work coordinate [0 1=G92 2=G54...]

If I load the orignal it shows the g92 / g54, and the rest of the untergers. I dont know how it ever got turns off. I checked under display misc and it is turned on.

You need to copy the original txt file that accompanied the original post and rename it to match the name of the new post. Each post can/should have an associated text file which allows for the modification of certain labels in the program (i.e. Misc Int/Real labels, Button labels in drill cycles, etc...).

So if your original post was named posta.pst, there should have been a text file named posta.txt. If your new post (modified from your old post) is now called postb.pst, you need to copy posta.txt and rename it postb.txt.

Where do you want it. I am thinking at the end of operations that have used a tool and between toolchanges but not before an operation has started is that a correct assumation. If that is right look in this part of the post and see if you have a *sm05 if you do not copy what you see here and should work.

code:

pretract        #End of tool path, toolchange              

sav_absinc = absinc

absinc = one

sav_coolant = coolant

coolant = zero

#cc_pos is reset in the toolchange here

cc_pos = zero

gcode = zero

pbld, n, sccomp, *sm05, psub_end_mny, e

HTH