Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

changing .nc code to gcode for techno isel

jjmUCSD

Hi there, i am a student at UCSD for a summer internship. I am trying to run a Techno Isel Mill. It takes .ncd files. There seems to be no translator, but if i change the extension of a .nc file to .ncd the machine recognizes it. My problem is that the .nc code uses

G2XiYiRi for making fillets, chamfers,etc and techno isel will not take the "Ri" command to make these features. It won't preprocess and then it crashes. The Techno needs commands for curves in the form of G2XiYiIiJi, where by I and J specify the center of curvature. To recode by hand a few commands wouldn't be to bad, but for programs pages and pages long would make life very difficult. Is there some way to translate?

what to do?

Thank you for any help you can send this way.

Hi Jim. I'm with Thomas Paton and Associates, and we are your Techno and MasterCAM dealer. I'm going to e-mail this to you as well.

You should be using the techno post off of the techno CD-ROM that contained the controller software. It's already set up to work correctly with the techno routers and needs no editing.

If you can't locate that post, call my office at (800)826-0570. Ask for Rick or Frank. If I'm not in, June will give you my cell phone number.