Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

blocking surfaces

TomT

Hello everyone

I have a multisurfaces file with a lots of holes in there, how can I block all of the holes in order to avoid the tool from getting into the hole? They are not on the flat surface, and they are all laid on different surfaces, should I go ahead create all surfaces one by one? Anyone?

Thanks

Thanks to CycletimeCharles and Camguy

It works fine with holes that have boundary

on 1 surface, but there're some holes with boundary of one hole laid on different surfaces....so I ended up creating more undesire surface edges by using trim/extend and drag arrow to the edge of the holes ( there'are ribs close to the holes)

once again, thanhk you for your responses

Here's some ideas;

1. do the surface/trim/extend flat boundry thing with edge curves.

2. wireframe the area about the problem and create a new surface. Trim old surface to new surface.

3. create a solid and lift a surface from it. translate it to the problem area. apply it to the area and trim.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

The moldplus supertrim has the capability to fill the gaps even if they are on the edge of a surface. Split loop for edges and extract loop for inside surface edges. edit>>> It will fill it with a surface or remove it as if it was never there.

It has the ability to merge surfaces cut from the same parent too. Pretty cool.

You should look into getting that. You can also extend surface edges even if they are trimmed. Very handy!

------------------

B. Henderson

OMEGA PlASTICS

[email protected]

opinc.com

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 07-10-2001).]