Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

(OT) Little Red Hen

heywood

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...in Orange County making $227K/per year and 100% pensions after 30 years...

Gee, and we can only scrape up $35-$40k to tempt some smart people willing to take some heat and make a positive change in the direction of our current educational system. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for public safety people making a living commensurate with the level they put their lives on the line but that's a bit much, even for "The OC".

JM2C

A-ron;

Check out John Taylor Gatto. His writing is a real eye opener about our public education system and it's real goals. This guy was a highly decorated NewYork City school teacher and now he is calling for the complete disbanding of all public schooling in the US and he has the facts to back it up.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

He's not the only one wanting that. Larry Elder has been in favor of the privatization of education for quite some time.

Imagine the quality of education the kids of South Central Los Angels if the Los Angeles Unified School District was dismantled and neighborhood schools were able to hire/fire according to performance/ do what they need to do to get their kids a better education? OMG, we might actually start getting the brain talent out of the urban areas we should have been getting for decades, then the areas improve, fewer people end up in jails from those areas...

If only....

As long as everybody feels good about it right James. Afterall, dont feel good solutions trump logic in our current P.C. climate. It's incremental social engineering in the most insidious way. And that would mean self dependance and individual achievement would, (metaphorically to those on the left), represent a sort of Capitalist mindset.

On another P.C. sidenote -I'd heard there was a movement to encourage young boys in S.F. school districts to sit down when they urinate since standing while urinating is essentially an "in your face" celebration of masculinity...

What's the matter with people these days? Kinda' leaves you rooting for the big asteroid sometimes...

confused.giffrown.gifconfused.giffrown.gif

P.S. I'll read up on John Talor Gatto Gregg, thanks for the info.

LOL

Who thinks up this crap, we are who we are sitting or standing. It makes not difference, unless there are women in the "John" with you and they're envious????? I guess in France all bathrooms are unisex and without dividers ..... that could be very distracting....... I'd probably have to go back out into the woods where I could find some privacy..... Hysterical..

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Who thinks up this crap...

The same people that write books like "Heather has two mommies" and "Daddy's Roommate".

quote:

...On another P.C. sidenote -I'd heard there was a movement to encourage young boys in S.F. school districts to sit down when they urinate since standing while urinating is essentially an "in your face" celebration of masculinity...

eek.gif Damn! No wonder people in other parts of the country have disdain for us Kalifornians.