Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

error messages

Hi all! I'm still trying to figer out why easy draw dll won't work properly. I get a memory table message that says "memory table item not found (21534892), then the "mill8 will now close" message.

Easy draw says that it could be a problem in mcam (and yes, they say it is compatible with v8). I've also tried to uninstall mcam & reinstall it, to no avail.

Any ideas out there? Is there a setting in screen, config that may need to be adjusted, or am I just plain out of luck?

Thanks all!

Mike R>

Hi Jay! I unzipped it to the c-hooks dir. Was that wrong? Also, when I do an alt c in mcam, I can see two easy draw's: 1 easydraw.dll, and an easydraw1.dll. I'll try unistalling it, then reinstalling it to just the mcam81 dir.

Ok tried that -n- it didn't work. But I got a message that said sumpin like shared swap dll not found, er sumpin.???

Thanks Jay,

Mike R.

[This message has been edited by Michael Reynolds (edited 07-07-2001).]

Ya, cycle time, that sounds like the problem in a nut shell. I can bring in fasteners, but as soon as I try to put in things that have numbers or letters, bad things start to happen.

Jay, what do you mean "show it the mcam8 dir"? Mayhaps that's what I'm doin' wrong?

(I'm steppin away for a bit now, takin' the kids to a park)

Thanks fer the replies!

Mike R.

[This message has been edited by Michael Reynolds (edited 07-07-2001).]

well i mean when it asked for the place to install it this would be the route

c:/Mcam81/chooks install there.

so you are saying when you click on symbles and try to put them on the screen they do not show up on the drawing?

just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Ok did some more playing it works to a point but dose not put all info into the drawing.

in version 7 all works well with no problem.So my conclusion is that it works in ver 8 with some hickups.

so i sugest loading ver7 along with ver8 and just bring the info into 8.

not the most produtive way but will work.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator & mastercam reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 07-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 07-07-2001).]

Hi Jay! I, being so efficient, waited till I was comfortable with V8, then rid myself of 7.2. That disk was taking up precious space in my office.

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

If you could zip it -n- send it to me, I'd be forever in your debt, sir.

By the way, I'm still checking out verification software. I just looked at SWI's n-vision 2000 software. Not impressed.

Another question about predator: When performing canned drilling cycles (I know it doesn't support), when the tool is at the z depth, it doesn't look like it retracts above the part before moving to the next hole. Whassup wiff dat?

Thanks Jay (you da man!)

Mike R.

Hi mike i will "exe" that up and put it on the FTP.

just let me know when you got it down.

Then email for the password.

Ok its there it is a 101megs.

as for the drilling are you talking are Varify or the Editor because the Varify will do cans cycles including subs & macros.

now if you are talking the editor backplot that is a harder one becase it does not actully show the tool at work.

i think you should talk to the school about Varify it will do alott more of the things you want.

And at the school price that is a steal.

Just so you know because you are school & the price for schools i dont make any thing off it but just like to see it in the schools , So the stundents will tell the bosses about down the road and all ready know how to use it.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator & mastercam reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 07-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 07-08-2001).]