Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC restarts

Rocky Gasta

Well I haven't used that handshake before but what I use to do, if you marked your last xyz locations and were in a "cycle hold" I would move the tool back to that location and let it rip.

!!!BUT!!! on the safer side I would edit the program using my xyz locations as a search and cut the program several lines above it and add my G codes and feedrates back in. Tha I would say is relatively the safest bet.

------------------

B. Henderson

OMEGA PlASTICS

[email protected]

opinc.com

If your machine has a good amount of buffer memory you can "capture" the remainder of the program and with it possibly the area in which you need to restart proviving that you use the proper header commands. Doing the "cut and paste" can get pretty tedious in a large program. I once taped down the mouse button at my scroll point for 15 min to edit out all the uneeded code. You could also restart the entire program and floor the feedrate until you get to where you left off.