Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sort of non mastercam question.

Albion

I figured this would be a good place to ask this question because of the quantity of shop environment people here.

We would like to add a central printer for our mastercam workstation on our shop floor. We want a color printer for reason that would take to much time to type so a laser is out of the question. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestons on a heavy duty/high quantity inkjet printer that will stand up in a shop environment.

Thanks

-al

Mopar-

I be lookin for a desk top. Is it up for grabbs? Back to the subject- I buy HP deskJet

895cse's. I'm on my third in 4 years. They are so cheap, immediate replacement doesn't become an issue. 3 people use it daily, and we go through a reem every two days. Ink is always on sale. Accounting just had to have a pair of laser jets- at the end of 20 years I will have a brand new printer and have spent as much as accounting spent on their laser jets which I'm sure won't work by then.

Works for me.

Jim

-Jamman, you would'nt want this one. It's a Max NC. Designed from the ground up for robusticity and feature rich with cutting edge technology, this chip warrior comes with 1/4-20 threaded rod leadscrews, annodized aluminum dovetail slides, nylon "bushings", skateboard style spindle bearings, and a motor from a diegrinder. I offered a 100 bucks for it but the chiefs up front said no.

The fire burned the circuit board, wires and the rubberband that was the drive belt. On the other hand it has a vise. smile.gif

Sounds like the "Yugo" of rapid prototyping, for sure,tell your bosses I'll give them $102.00.

Since this has been declared the "non mastercam question" section, is anyone making money on these small "desktop" mills or lathes? Seems like a wide open market.

Jim

• 3 months later...

The mighty HP Deskjet

Yesterday As An electrician was Wiring me another drop for the New VMC (Hurco vmx30,(Hey I Tried!!)anyways, He ran 220 down my 110 circuit That Killed my pc ,monitor,the "time in a box" time clock

two anilam 1100 knee mills and The Coffee pot!

BUT the Printer is still going!

whilst singing the praises of HP is there anybody out there still waging war against the pen plotters, you know the constant battle with loading paper, refilling the pens, degunking the nibbs, and endless frustration at it insisting upon drawing each and every line despite the fact that they are all on top of each other, and you know from experience that it only takes 6 passes of the pen to cut through the paper and cause the whole plotter to jam up, throw its pens accross the office, and narrowly avoid stabbing the office cat!!!!!

If so then ditch it for a HP design jet, fit a paper roll to it and just forget about it, we bought one three years ago, and its paid for itself with just the time Ive saved not tearing my hair out!!!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I must say that HP makes the finest printers known to man BUT their drivers and software suck so bad, well, nevermind

quote:

8. Use of profanity including acronyms involving profanity will not be tolerated.

to quote rule #8 of the forum rules. I'll just leave it at that.

On the S/W - Driver issue, I bought an HP Office Jet/All in one scanner, printer, copier. I was running Windows NT at the time, the drivers that shipped with it Were for Win9x, no problem I thought, just pop on the internet to grab the software and download WRONG!!!!! I had to PAY $25 to get the software. What a bunch of hooey! So I sucked up and bought the software I went to their bulletin board to air my grievance, well, needless to say my post was up for about 2 days before it was (presumably) removed by the kind folks at HP. All I dais was this "Imagine, I bought an OFFICE Jet to use in my OFFICE and of course I use an OFFICE Operating System - Windows NT and I have to pay. Shame on me for buying an HP OFFICE Jet for my OFFICE

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]