Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to Forum

aberent

My name is Al & I work in Centerline, MI. I've been using Mastercam Design since at least V. 4 to read Iges, create surfaces & analyze data for our CMM. Sorry, no Mill knowledge, although I am a Journeyman A.A. Machinist, so I hope you'll consider me one of the guy's. I have experience in Pcdmis & Catia and am looking forward to sharing ideas. Ex.Would anyone be interested in getting HLR in M/Cam using surfaces, not solids?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it takes an engineer to point out that your trick still shows the positive normal side of every surface that is visibly blocked by others, and should therefore be totally hidden according to proper hidden line removal algorithms. Big grin.

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 10-05-2000).]

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa! Some people are interested! OK, here's my method. If you have no wireframe, double line thickness and create it, or change the attributes of existing wire to double size. Use a dark color with black screen background. Turn shading active, all one color (7) and turn all the lights on. Wa La! Then I screen save & use Paint Shop Pro to trace the outer contour in black & do any slight touching up needed. (Details upon request) It's great if you need to FAX a picture of your part or make copies or just save ink.

Thanks for the response and effort. I just wanted to share some info, not make a brain teaser. cool.gif