Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Robotics and Mastercam

dgriffiths

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have in the past but you have to have the dialed post. We only had a 5 axis robot. Not sure how a 6 axis one would work, should be ok for trimming and stuff like that with no issues.

That's interesting. I programmed some fanuc robots to do some pick and place, drilling, and trimming. I would be interested in a post that would output the fanuc code myself. Anyone who has programmed one of these to cut an arc of a specific diameter knows why. Chahe from CAP technology has a Motoman postand was then going to work on a Fanuc post once the Motoman was dialed in. The last time I spoke with him was probably a year ago so I don't know the current status.

Good luck,

It looks like we will more than likely purchase one of these machines so I will will post a thread after I have tested the mastercam post. They also sell another offline programming software which we will probably purchase that I believe was developed specifically for the fanuc robots. Anyway, from a truely production stand point these things kick the S$$$ out of the routers we are currently using.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The ones I programmed, I just saw positioning moves in the code... if memory serves. It was like 7-8 years ago. headscratch.gif I wish I still had a code snippet for those things.