Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NCI - Force Tool Change @ Manual Entry

BK

Okay post gurus, I have a program that is doing some chamfering (of the part hopefully) and then I am using TP Manual Entry for an M0 with some text notes.

The tool does some more work and then I have another Manual Entry with an M0.

The problem I am having is that on the op after the manual entry I am checking the "Change NCI" Force Tool Change option.

It works correctly on the first stop but after the 2nd M0 I am not getting all of the work offset, height offset info, etc.

Never had this problem before but this is the 1st time to use a tool, then stop, same tool work some more, then stop.

I tried the Ctrl Shift Double Click Top Secret deal and can see that the NCI file is missing something on the 2nd startup of the tool after the Manual Entry.

Can somebody tell me how to get this to work correctly?

It seems that the "Force Tool Change" deal is not getting reset somehow.

This post is base on the MPMASTER post with a few minor tweaks to make it Fadal friendly.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

You can probably do a search and find more info but I found it here.

If you have a MC file open, go the the Operations Manager, hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and then double right click on the gray area on the right side of the operations list.

You will then get a screen with some options like clean and dirty operations, etc.

Select one and then OK and it will dump a bunch of the NCI info into the editor.

You can then take a look at a lot of things, none of what mean much to me but I can see what is missing and affecting my code.

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the info, Huntington Beach, I grew up in Torrance, used to go to Ascot Park for all the dirt track racing stuff.

I'l try the MPFan and see what I get. Also on your sample I have the force tool change after the 1st instance and again after the 2nd.

Contour

Man Entry

Contour force tool change

Man Entry

Contour force tool change (this is the one where it doesn't output the work offset, height offset, ect.

Thanks,

BK