Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Miyano JNC45

Michael Reynolds

A company donated this machine to us, has twin spindle & live tooling, parts catcher, etc, etc. Whilst it was powered down, someone took out the batteries. The company that donated the machine no longer has the parameters....

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been trying to get the right parameters from both Miyano and Fanuc (it's an OT controller), to no avail.

Does anyone have the parameters for a sister machine that I could download???

Thanks all, this is a big one for me!

Mike R

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Michael, you've got a really nice boat anchor on your hands. biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I would make a call to Miyano. Don't let them tell you they do not have the parameters. Japanese companies keep copies of EVERYTHING. They may not have them at the technical center that is close to you but they have it in Japan. You may need to call Fanuc too because it's possible the company that donated it bought some options that Miyano was not aware of.

Some things you'll need to have on hand are the Machine serial number, Model Number, Control serial number, and Control Model.

To find the closest Technical Center go to this page http://www.miyano-usa.com/contact_list.html . I'd talk to an Applications Engineer if I were making the call you're going to make.

Just my $.02

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

Thanks James, I've been on the phone to both Miyano and Fanuc about 15 times each in the last 3 weeks. I got the machine smarter yesterday, but some of the parameters still are whacked. Both Miyano and Fanuc faxed us a parameter list (both different), and neither worked. Checked the numbers about 6 times to make sure they're right.

Thanks for your reply, & I'll keep on trying..

(I shouldn't have sold my boat last year....)

Mike R.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Part of the problem (reason that it is not fully working) is that as you may or may not know that parameters change over time. Position parameters, backlash, grid shift, etc... et al. Grid shift can be a big dael. If the numbers don't match up with what the actual shift is you'll get servo alarms.

When you power up, what message(s) do you get? I know a little bit about Fanuc Controls.

The reason why the numbers that Fanuc gave you are different from the numbers that Miyano gave you are because when the control left the Fanuc factory it was sent with the motor set parameters, encoder parameters, etc.... When it got to Miyano, they set the backlash, grid shift, M-Codes, etc...

Let me know what then alarm message(s) you are getting and I'll give you my best guess.

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

What parameters got it to go? (Besides the major ones) Was it the parameters assigned to M Codes?

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast