Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming from machine zero?

specv

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frikin amazing, I am going through this topic right now with the boss. He doesn't want an operater to have to pick up anything (load and go). It doesn't really make anymore work for me to change the location of the part before programming it, but it makes BIG sense that machining an engine block, that the crank being x0 y0 makes better sense than making it a number from machine 0 !!! By reading this forum I see there is a great big difference in opinions, on this subject, and there are good points to each, but I got to go with the operators being a little better than monkey's and are very capable of making a pickup and putting there fixture offsets in to run a good part. In other words I agree with James !

Frank

I agree with you, its amazing how much info and opinions are here. The cool thing is that you can take what you like, leave the rest. There is more collective MC knowledge/experience here than anywhere else. (prolly more than all cad/cam anywhere.) I tell my customers that whatever they come up with that someone here has already done it.

cool.gif