Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

W32/SirCam@MM virus sent through email

Webby

I received three emails today containing the "W32/SirCam@MM" worm virus. The messages appear to be from a bogus email account and were wrapped up in what was intended to look like some tech support type questions.

This message serves as a warning to the group members to continue to be cautious when opening message attachments. It helps to show all file extensions (so files like test.doc.vbs or test.doc.com don't look like test.doc). Update your virus scanner frequently.

Also, no technical support questions will be answered by direct email to eMastercam.com. For technical support, please use this Forum, contact your reseller directly, or as a final measure, email CNC Software's Technical Support Department at [email protected].

I would like to add to this i am fixing my sisters computer that was infected buy the viruse.

it had infected some of the OS and when i try to start it tells you that files are missing.

the page that Bullines gives works if you can get the computer to boot.

other wise there is no help from them at this time.

So what i did was take the hard drive out and make it a slave put in another computer that i know was updated.

told Norton to scan it.

found that new viruse in three diffrent files.

i was able to clean them out and had to re-install over the exsisting OS with out loosing any thing except some drivers that i have to re-update.

but now its back & running.

hope this helps if you get it.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

web: www.ppcadcam.com

-------------------------

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 07-27-2001).]

Sorry i did not,

i was about 50 miles from my house and they did not have one.

And now that i think of it i nver made one for my self.

i should go a head and do that.

But still not sure if it would help being a new virus & all.

it could not clean or repair the virus it had to remove the virus & qurantin it.

thanks.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

web: www.ppcadcam.com

-------------------------