Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How the blazes do I get MasterCAM to look like this?

Tom Szelag

Well to add my two cents to the topic.

Basically my engineering dept does all the design/drafting in Inventor. What I do ( so as to not waste to much time redoing things) is to go ahead and import their models to MC. I then proceed to manipulate the part to the correct work holding configurations.

Doing this ensures a few things:

1)Elimates errors if one had to redraw the part in nn MC.

2)places liability on the Engineering dept to ensure that the models correctly modeled up. Since they are already doing the hard work. =)(although I do verify myself that this is the case)

3) It also helps out being able to swtich between views to see tool/jig/fixtrue clearances.

The whole goal, like so many of you has already stated is to get good code and get the part to the machine as fast as possible.

I also agree MC is not really intended to be used as a full fleged 3D CAD program. It certianly has the ability to do that. However one must realize that this is a CAM program. In the most simplist cases I would personally use a few geometry lines to get the code I need to.

Leave the pretty pictures to the under/over paid drafters.

But if any one has questions about the Inventor to MC interface please don't hesitate to hit me up.