Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't find mp.dll error

Johnny

Hi

While using V8 every now and then I get an error when i go to post a program....

The error is "Can't find chooksmp.dll " The editor then displays a posted file but it is the last file posted with that same name. If I save my file and restart Mcam the problem is fixed and I can go ahead and post the operation. Any ideas from you guys??

Any help much appreciated

Regards

[ 10-24-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Johnny ]

A few of the editors pull up the last file shown when launched with no target file. Having said that, nothing is posted at all when you get this error. Mp.dll is the 'Post Executable' and lives in the Chooks directory.

I'm wondering if this is perhaps a datapaths problem when you are pulling files off of another drive letter.

When this error happens next, don't exit Mastercam. Hit Alt+C to find out where Mastercam is looking for your C-Hooks. You can also check your datapaths in Screen-Config.

• 2 weeks later...

>When this error happens next, don't exit >Mastercam. Hit Alt+C to find out where >Mastercam is looking for your C-Hooks. You >can also check your datapaths in Screen->Config.

Dave

Data paths are all correct Alt+C shows mp.dll in CHOOKS folder file list... If I try to run it, it says it can't be found ??

Strange it only happens sometimes, I can't even think of something different i am doing that may cause this problem. I do run on a LAN and save my NC files to another drive on another computer but can't see how this could effect it.

Any more ideas?

Thanks John

[ 10-24-2002, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Johnny ]

In V7, there used to be "C-Hook not found" errors related to the version of MFC42.DLL you were using:

From www.4dcadcam.com 's download page:

Troubleshooting! If you have problems in running any of the c-hooks and are getting a message "C-Hook not Found" then backup any version of MFC42.DLL you may have in your MILL7 directory (if the file is there), and install this one instead >>> MFC42.DLL

(right-click the filename with your mouse and choose 'Save Link as...' to save to your hard disk).

I'm not sure this is the issue. More than likely your problems are related to the use of a network drive. I would make sure to make this a mapped drive letter at a bare minimum. I'm not sure if all the network support is completely robust.

[This message has been edited by Dave Thomson (edited 09-07-2000).]