Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nvidia GeForce 5600 Users

Is there anybody using this video card? If so are you having problems with it? If your’s is working great what version of video drivers are you using?

I have been having problems with mine after I had to do a system reinstall. I have XP pro and the latest video driver version 6.1.7.6 dated 7/12/2004. It was working fine before the reinstall but now I'm having problems.

Bullines:

The problems are in both areas but MC seems to be giving me the most problems. I can't get art to show its surfaces, I have to crank the trouble shooting slider down to one above zero. I have intermittent problem of the zoom rubber band not showing. And the list goes on and on. As for my system generally, the screen repaints are slow.

After you reinstalled XP, I'm assuming you went to Windows Update. If you did go to Windows Update (and of course you should wink.gif ), did you accidentally download the nVIDIA driver from there prior to installing the real nVIDIA Forceware drivers? The reason I ask is because you mention that you have driver version 6.1.7.6, which sounds to me like a Microsoft driver, since nVIDIA's latest drivers are 66.93 (aka: 6.14.10.6693) released on 11/09/2004; see here.

Here's some thoughts about Microsoft's drivers for video cardws with nVIDIA chipsets. And here's a safe way to install nVIDIA's Forceware drivers. HTH.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm using the FX5600XT. No problems here...

The driver versions are all 6.14.10.5672

BIOS 4.31.20.69

Oh, running XP Pro SP2 on a PIII-800 in a 4x AGP Slot. 512 RAM

Running 1600 x 1200 in 16 Bit Color @75 Hz on a Sony 19" Flat CRT Trinitron Monitor at Full Acceleration, with Enable Write Combining.

HTH

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have gone back to an older version of the drivers. This seems to have solved most of my problems but I am still having problems in Art. CNC is working on that. Thanks.