Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autocad conversion problem

Bill Cronkhite

I'm trying to do a conversion from my MasterCam file into DWG format to send to a vendor for a quote but when I do the conversion the acad file is flipped into all different orientations. Mu Mastercam file was built by taking the faces of my 3D model and copying them to another level then rotating them into Gview front. Works gret in Mastercam but will not convert to .dwg. An .igs conversion works better, but some of the features still rotate out of plane. HELP!

Bill

If you haven't already got this one solved, first question is ? is your MC file oriented with a WCS?

You must rotate your GEO to world plane before you DWG out for ACAD. So no WCS set.

Second, when you copied to a new level did you save only those entities you want to appear in the DWG?

When I am sending partial data out I use the "save some" feature to be sure of what I am sending.

HTH

betts,

Thank you. That gives me somewnere to start. When I copied to the new level, I used "all Entities" so that may be part of the problem. as far as the orientation, I used a numbered WCS to orient. You are saying i need to actually rotate the view before I copy? I did rotate each view after the change levels-copy. Sorry, but my company wouldn't even let me take my free training. I'm learning all of this on my own as I go.

Thanks again for the help.

Bill

If you have solid simplest way is to use solid->next menu->layout command

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow these steps to create a drawing layout. When you finish, you will have multiple views of your part laid out within a standard size page.

1. Choose Main Menu, Solids, Next menu, Layout. The Solid Drawing Layout dialog box opens.

2. Select a paper size.

3. Choose a paper orientation: Portrait (tall) or Landscape (wide).

4. Indicate whether or not to apply a page border.

5. Indicate whether or not to display hidden lines in the solid drawing layout (you can change this setting later):

¨ If you do not want to see hidden lines, select Suppress hidden lines.

¨ To see hidden lines, clear Suppress hidden lines.

6. Enter a scaling factor for the different views. The value you type in here will be applied to each of the views. You can change this setting later.

7. Choose a layout view format.

8. Choose OK. The Levels dialog box opens.

Note: If Enter level in prompt area is selected in your screen configuration settings (choose Main Menu, Screen, Configure, Screen tab), instead of opening the Levels dialog box, Mastercam prompts you to enter a level in the prompt area.

9. Type a level number and, if desired, a name. Choose OK (or press [Enter] after each prompt area entry).

Note: All of the entities in the drawing layout will be placed on this level. Make sure you select a level that doesn’t already contain part information or geometry (any entities on the level will be deleted).

10. (Optional) If your drawing contains more than one solid, you are prompted to choose solids to include the layout. Choose Select and select the solids or choose AllSolids to include all solids in the graphics window. Then choose Done to continue.

11. The Solid Drawing Layout menu appears in the menu area. You can use it to customize or enhance your drawing layout. This menu will be active until you choose Main Menu or Backup.

12. To exit Solid Drawing Layout, choose Main Menu or Backup, or press [Esc].

Important: Once you exit the Solid Drawing Layout environment, you will not be able to access the Solid Drawing Layout menu again to edit this layout. (You can still use the regular Mastercam drafting and design tools.)

Tip: To hide your original part, choose Level. Find the level that contains the part, and click the red check mark next to it so that the level does not display. You can also press [Alt+E] to display the Hide menu, then choose All, Level and select the layout level in the Levels dialog box.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Save layout on separate level ,than file->save as (select layout level )

open this file and proceed with convertion ,it will be OK .

HYLI

HTH