Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maintanance Agreements

Mike Annetts

Hell

We are presently looking at purchasing mastercam(we have been on a lease program) and I am confused about the maintance agreement. If one does not sign up for it are you still entitled to download patches to fix up the "bugs" in the program. If not it seems like we will be stuck with them for quite awhile as our school definitely cannot afford a new version ever couple of years. Thanks

MIke

Mike,

Member #29. You have been registered for a while. I am confused with your saying you are considering purchasing Mastercam. Being registered since 2000 do you not already have Mastercam?

A consideration is that Mastercam 9 is nearing the end of it's run and the latest version of Mastercam is expected to be released soon. (no comments on release date, please) Since the release date is said to be close, you might want to discuss with your reseller and see what they can do for you in regards to upgrading to Mastercam X when it is released.

When "X" comes out, the forum will be a buzz of activity as we all strive to master the program. Be sure to use this resource wether you get V9 or VX.

Phil

Hi Mike, enjoying the great weather us praire creatures are getting these days? Brutally cold, for sure.

I'd recommend getting maintenance if possible. It'd be similar to spending $200K on a new machining center and not investing in carbide tooling because "it costs too much". The upgrade to Version X is included in maintenance if you buy in before it's released as well (as far as I'm aware).

On a different note, any word on someone buying the now defunct Mt. Agassiz ski resort and opening up for business again? I'm from MacGregor originally and we used to drive up and go skiing there all the time back in the day...good memories. Too bad they couldn't stay viable.

steve

MIke, bug fixes are always available for download. Noone would expect to have to pay to get flaws in software fixed. Updates and upgrades however are a different animal. Only maintenance customers will get these. All that said, I still believe Maintenance is the way to go. In spite of those who don't like having to pay for it, Mastercam's maintenance cost is much cheaper than many others I have dealt with.

Hello all and thanks for the replies

The cold is crazy here. minus 40 celcius with a wind to boot. Tomorrow they are calling for up to plus 2 and freezng rain-nuts. Steve the ski hill is in the courts. Owners of trhe assisipi ski hill in Rssel bought out 51% of the creditors so they have us by the short ones.

Anyone using mastercm art out there?

Mike