Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modifing C'Plane

kathy

Hello Everyone!

I have a program where I've imported in a similar program's job setup. My imported SETUP A is at 0,0,0, C'plane #1. The imported SETUP B (0,0,1.32) is using C'plane #4. The rotation form top to bottom is 180 degrees about the Y Axis. HOWEVER--- I would like to modify the rotation to be 180 degrees about the X Axis!. How do I modify the imported SETUP B C'plane?

Thanks for the help,

Kathy

(am I stuck having to delete the existing C'Plane and re-creating in the rotation I need???) frown.gif

Charles,

Where is Modify, xform, between views? My modify dosn;t show it on the menu. V8.1.1.

I don't want to move or change geometry entities, I want the #4 C'Plane to show a different rotation. Right now, if I set gview to SETUP B', the part is turned over, 'fliped' from right to left. I would like to 'flip' the part from top to bottom using the C'plane.!

Thanks, Kathy

Hello,

Simtech, there's somthing here I'm not understanding..?? I don't want to move my geometry; I want to re-define my C'plane. How will translating my geometry do that?

Thanks, Kathy

Jay - these hours are getting old! I havn't seen my boat in over two weeks! keep missing out on the Wednesday Night racing. But it's also football season. check out my web site - I've got the Bobcat's stuff up and running.

Kathy:

First of all, views 1-8 are pre-defined (you can't change them). Second, there is currently no way to "renumber" the views (change view # 37 to view #9 for instance).

You can "combine views" to compact the number of cplanes defined, but you can't really organize them (not 'till v9 at least).

The only way of getting what [i think] you want is to start from view #4 and go to cplane-rotate-about Z, put in the angle, and save it. This creates a new view number (the next unused one). You can then go to cplane-next menu-save named, and give the view a name that you can pull up from anywhere (including importing from another file).

I know that you probably know most of this already, but I figured I'd go through everything just in case others didn't.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: gstephens ]

I read your question yesterday Kathy and I would have said what gstephens just said. I thought what you were getting at was re-defining the c/plane #4 which I didn't know how to do. And apparently you can't, but I usually use stephens trick.

I ended up deleting my orignal SETUP B C'plane (based on C'plane #4 rotation) and re-created the C'plane I wanted. The newSETUP B I created is based on C'plane rotation #9!

I know how to modify a user defined C'plane's orientation, I just thought there was a way to modify the rotation (that I had missed)!

Thanks, Kathy smile.gif