Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Internal o-ring groove cutting

Bob W.

I need to cut an internal o-ring groove and would like to find out how I specify the tool's (saw type) entry and exit point. I need the tool to enter and exit on the cylinder bore's axis to avoid breaking the tool and ruining the work piece.

Thanks,

Bob

Well 2 ways come to mind first.

Use a circle mill tool path and make sure the check the "Start at Center" is checked.

Contour is the second way. Create a point at the center of the bore, using the point as your 1st chain and the diameter as the second chain, make sure in your lead-in/lead out to check the "Use entry point" "Use exit point"

Both of those methods will get you down and out of the center of your bore.

HTH

I go with jmparis for smaller bores and Tom for larger bores to minimize wasted feed moves.

On larger bores when there are alot of them, I usually still chain a point at the center of the bore but don't check the "use entry point box". This way you post out a rapid move to the center of the bore which is helpful when corelating the program to the print and then a rapid move to the begining of the lead in move.

• 1 year later...