Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Problem HURCO ultimax 3

mold100

Hey guys, long time no hear, but I have a problem

and need a quickie and better to turn to than the pro's. We currently are using (COUGH) 8.1.1, and are playing with a hurco, BMC 30 ultimax 3. The post from the CD MPHUR.pst works okay but a little glitchy, it filters everything and I have tried all I know how to change to try and stop it, I just want to see x,y, and z moves. I thought about using the fanuc post, just for the 3d, the conversational side works good for simple stuff. Also I know we are behind but we is broke these days. Oh the post is for an ultimax 2(I dont think that matters)

Anyhow thanks a lot for the help in advance, I have been doing some of our 3D stuff lately so I will be droppin by a little more again, Is X out? I havent taken the time to browse around I am in a hurry (ALWAYS)

What Level of NC add on in the control?

There are 3 levels

Basic-- which comes with the machine

HNC -- Adds most of the bells

???? -- I fogot the name but this brings it up to a fanuc standard.

G17, 18, 19 are active.

In G18 mode make sure the post reverses the g2 and g3 moves. There is a switch at the top of the post that changes this.

The machine will do x,y,z moves, and the post will switch planes as needed.

You will notice a lot of stoping and starting if the processor in the machine is a 486.

As to just x,y,z moves only. never tried it

And "x" is not out yet...................

Finecut

Look here :

# Formulas - Use ':' instead of '=' to initialize variables

swg18 : 0 # Switch for G18 plane - 0=normal sgcode, 1=call sgcode2 for Boss's G18

You will crash the machine if you dont change this!!!

Test it before and after and notice the g2, g3 output. A little are will turn into a BIG ARC

Finecut

I changed the arc check from 0 to 2 and the code looks right there are no i or j's. I am trying to eliminate filtering all together, I have always had something against it in 3D machining, 2D I can live with it. I will change that as well. Thanks for the help. Let you know if there is a big bang.