Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool library creation.

Bruce Caulley

I searched but couldn't find the thread I was looking for. I have seen some discussion on using excel and vb to create or add to a library. What I am doing is consolidationg every tool that we use in the production bays here and I have ended up with a spreadsheet that will have about 900 different standard tools on it by the time it is finished. I would like to generate a library from this data rather than doing it one at a time. I have a couple of ideas but I was curious to see how others have approached this in the past.

Thanks in advance

Bruce

Thanks Henk,

I had thought of that, but I would still need to manually edit the text. I would like to use the data that is on the spreadsheet to create the library as this spreadsheet will end up a live document that everyone in the factory can access. The 900 standard tools will quickly blow out to 2000 once all the custom and non-standard ones are added so I would like a quick way of "dumping" all this info to a tool library every month or so.

Bruce

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You maybe able to create a VB Script to accomplish this. Would be fairly extensive but certainly worth the time for your Application.

Paging Dr. Mick.... biggrin.gif