Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 Axis Subprogramming

Dean Lindblad

I'm working on a subprogram for a 4 axis tombstone part. I program my first part and translate using subprogram to complete the first face of my tombstone. All is cool!. But now, when I want to rotate the toolpaths of the first face to the other three faces using subprograms I have no option to select the first face of sub's - only the original parts individual operations. Bummer!! OK - try something else - program first part, rotate using subs to other three faces. Still cool!! Except now I can't translate the subs along each face to finish out all parts. Still bummed!!

Am I missing something here? How can I program ONE part and do my translations and rotations using sub's to end up with minimal code and no hand edits? Level 3 Ver 8.1.1

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Dean Lindblad ]

You can't. frown.gif

There is no way in v8 to transform a transform operation (It's coming in v9, but I don't know about subprograms). The ONLY way you are going to get what you want is to hand edit the finished g-code. Mastercam could give you a subprogram that has all of the toolpaths on 1 face and call it for each face. That's about it.