Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Schooling

Frank

Hey all: (Still here) cheers.gif We have a Hitachi Seki, that's 1 year old, and we are having a Makino delivered next week. They both have a Fanuc 16M control. Before these machines our best has been 12M and very slow. We have been stumbling through running the Hitachi, good parts but scary. My question is schooling comes with the Makino, and the boss doesn't want to send anybody, he doesn't think there's a big difference between the old and new. I personally think there is a big difference, but since I'm used to running the old, could someone point out the +'s of schooling for the new.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,

Having been to Makino School, the Technology Transfer Class, I can tell you it is VERY much worth it. I know it is difficult to have someone away from their job, but it will pay off if the person going has active interest in betterment of the company and themselves.

Makino is known throughout as being the best or in the top 3 for its training. Plus you get some one on one with people you can call later and get help when you need it. Then you already have a relationship with that person and you communication is much more effective.

Personally I think for the price of machine tools it is counterproductive NOT to send someone. Especially since its your first MAkino.

My $.02

HTH

quote:

how's your engrish?

... LMAO

Does your Makino actually have a 16 contol or is it a PRO 3 (based on the Fanuc 16). There are some differences that Makino has added on top of the Fanuc 16.

The schooling is definately worth it. You also learn quite a bit of the controls capabilities as well as the machines possibilities. Not to mention the conection you will begin to establish will be priceless in the future.

And best of all... its FREE. That's my favorite 4 letter F word right next to.... Did I say that?! bonk.gif

Strike that if you must... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif