Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post error for Makino SNC 64

HevyMetl

Let me give a little history. I have been cutting one electrode at time for years now due to low volume and plenty of time. Our company hasn't seen the need for efficiency. I now have neither low volume or plenty of time due to the push to bring more and more mold construction in house. Ergo my problem. I am trying to learn to use WCS to program 4 electrodes (with 4 different offsets G56,57,58, and 59)at a time and keep the machine running through the night. When I set up the tutorial files on WCS with my post I get the following error and it is over my head.

" Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.19 © Copyright 1992-2004 CNC Software, Inc.

Processing file with MPJJ-PRISM1...

Illegal character on left side of equation.

Post line number 565

Program execution halted due to error(s) in .pst "

note: there is a less than symbol inbetween character and on that the message board will not allow me to use.

I want to learn how to do bigger corrections to my posts but once again that time thing is kicking my A??. I know how to open it and make minor correction and changes so I am not totally unwashed. Does this make since to anyone and if so will yo please explain it to me in small words as my redneck machining vocabulary is limited. confused.gif

Any help would be GREATLLY appreciated!

Thanks for your reply Steve,

Here is what I have in my post from the only ptlchg0 through the block section.

551 ptlchg0 #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)

552 pcuttype

553 pcom_moveb

554 c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

555 comment

556 pcan

557 result = newfs(15, feed) #Reset the output format for 'feed'

558 pbld, n, sgplane, e

559 pspindchng

560 pbld, n, scoolant, e

561 #pbld, n "M07", e # added 3-17-04 MK Prism

562 if mi1 > one & workofs <> prv_workofs,

563 [

564 sav_absinc = absinc

565 absinc = zero

566 pbld, n, sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pfcout, e

567 pe_inc_calc

568 ps_inc_calc

569 absinc = sav_absinc

570 ]

571 if cuttype = zero, ppos_cax_lin

572 if gcode = one, plinout

573 else, prapidout

574 pcom_movea

575 c_msng #Single tool subprogram call

For the most part it is greek to me. After the error comes up the posted file comes up as well, and it is not ouputing the first work offest, but it does output the second work offest. I am totally confused now.

I am leaving it alone today and going to my son's baseball game. Thanks for the help I will be back in tonight, and tomorrow. I think I am going to call our Reseller and see if they can give me some time. Prism is awsome at that.

Heavy, write to subs! On the control you can then write multiple main program calls to run either 1pos to 4pos and just edit at the control which work coordinate you want to cut on. If you have extended work coordinates you go further without having to edit one trode program at all. We used to write work coordinates to parameter settings to acheive 9-12 work positions on the table and then used a G10 P call to read that coordinate(wouldn't advise the latter but it worked).

Also, you can call diferent programs to cut on the diferent WCS.

I hope this is kinda what your trying to do, just a diferent way to approach it.

Good Luck cheers.gif

Thanks Bradst,

I am currently calling multiple subs on different wcs in the machine, just looking for different ways to do it from the CAM and remove any programming at the panel.

The coordinates to parameters is a little over my head. But I understand the principle just not the application at the panel. Can you go more indepth on that one?

The G10 P call would look to a parameter for information. When we would tram the 3r fixtures in the machine in (we had 9 vertical and 3 horizontal)we would then have to punch the xyz values into the correct parameter. I would have to really think back hard on exactly how we did it but you get into the hassle of having to unlock and lock the control to edit the parameters. At the time though the company didn't want to pay the extra $500 to get the extended work coordinates which in the end would have saved us a lot of time and money. By the way, we were doing all this on a (Monkey)makino snc 86 with a fanuc 16 proa control.

Another option, what if you write a small macro program or even just have several mains saved offline to generate the main. Then just specify to the opereator to call into the control the mains that you want run to the trode names you have posted. We had a really really great setup technician on our machine and we gave him the flexibility to decide where and what trodes he could fit into the machine to acheive maximun run time. He could then alternate trodes on the WCS to get the max life out of the tooling also.

Don't take me wrong, this was just something that worked really well for us. What your doing is cool in being able to define it up front, I can see the benefit of it.

Steve,

I appriciate the help. Give me a little time. I want to work through this with my support staff at my reseller. Maybe I can learn something along the way. If my Rogain bill starts going up I will definitly take you up on the offer. I am not trying to be bull headed about this I just have to learn to support myself.

Bradst,

Sounds cool, but I am programmer, operator, mold designer/builder here and I want to stay out of the control as much as possible. I however do some cool things like that in my wire. It is also a Makino and it allows you to write custom G codes which when called will run a total program from the point inwhich you executed the call. It works great for ejector pin requalifications.