Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wierd happenings here...(HELP!!)

Michael Reynolds

Hi All! When I create a simple rectangle, then change graphics views to isometric, I get dashed lines defining the rectangle, and dashed lines, like I created lines parallel. This JUST started happening today. I've made NO changes to the system...

Whatsup wiff dat?

BTW, congrats, ELAD!

Thanks in advance,

Mike R.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Michael Reynolds ]

Mine used to do that too,

It went away by itself.(seriously)

Your not going insane,we believe you.

Whoever program's this stuff (probably locked in a utility closet with a single bulb over there head,

While under deadline pressure's ,just decided to fight back with a line of code:

After 224 or 225 (I forget)"MC start up's"

Switch the line style default...

Wait till you see what happens at 500 Start's!!

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Tony ]

Hi Mike, I think it is just 'gremlins' in our computers. At least once every couple months I have to exit Mcam and restart it because of strange happenings. Sometimes I have to restart Windows as well. (and we turn off our machines every night)(running Win 98) I remember in some earlier threads somebody had to restart Windows frequently.

BerTau rolleyes.gif

Bob hit the nail on the head.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Micro$oft. With it's bloatware and raging kernal, Micro$oft needs to be let out to pee once in a while. (i.e. shut it down.) The OS is inherently prone to crash if you don't.

Memory leaks are the main reason this sort of thing happens. If you haven't shut your machine down for a few days, you will likely start seeing these things more frequently.

The memory leaks come from many sources, initially the OS. Secondly the programmers that write Micro$oft compatable software. (Many do not trap errors like they should, or re-dim an array when done with it to free memory). Even the Mirco$oft bloatware like Office is poorly over-coded.

I, like the gold miners of the old west, shut my computer down every week whether it needs it or not. (Usually end up doing a restart once or twice during the week if it starts acting up too.)

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Too bad there's no ReDim equivalent function in C++...at least not in the STL frown.gif That's why smart developers should dynamically allocate storage whenever possible. I partially blame the bloatware epidemic on poor programming; typically caused by those who took those "Learn Computer Programming in 3 Months"-type courses (how those people get hired for big-time development, I don't know). They teach you syntax, but not the how's and why's.

And then there's the beauty of Java. Great garbage collection smile.gif