Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Terrorist gas prices!!!! 5$ a gal in 2hours

Kenneth Potter

Check out Rumor Watch: Terrorist Attacks on U.S. at urbanlegends.about.com

Gasoline shortage/price increase predicted

RUMOR: "Due to the events of this morning all ports have been closed. This means no shipping is coming into the United States. This means no oil. Fill your tanks and any portable cans that you have. Do it now before the rush begins."

STATUS: False, though the rumor itself sparked sudden price increases and waiting lines at gas stations in some U.S. cities Tuesday. According to gasoline industry spokesmen, the U.S. has a "substantial" gasoline supply and some individual stations were simply gouging consumers.

Isn't gas higher in Canada anyway? I remember paying .54/L as far back as 2 years ago. Petoskey and Boyne ran out of gas last night,lines backed up US131. Stores packed with panicy public buying canned goods. My templater has a friend in Caddilac that claimed gas went to 5 per gallon. I simply can not be excited, and didn't buy even one gallon of water on January 31, 1999.

Jim

Jamman, in some places, yes it's higher in Canada...other places, no it's not. It was cheaper for my girlfriend's parents to gas up in Kitchener, Ontario than in Crystal Falls, Michigan after factoring the dollar exchange. Also, my parents pay more for gas in Timmins, Ontario (northern Ontario) than I do in Kitchener, Ontario (close to Toronto). It all depends on which places you're comparing.

Jamman, don't worry...I don't even use the ignore list smile.gif But one thing great about Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan was every Thursday, known as Cheap Gas Day. All of the gas stations like Citgo and Holiday would drop the price down to like $0.75 and you'd see more Ontario plates than Michigan ones smile.gif

Jay, what would you do with the forum if you had it to yourself? wink.gif

By the time I drive there from Ptown and drive back, It would be more than a tank full anyway! rolleyes.gif

Do they make a spell checker for forum users?

I would like to download one.

Well, I'm on my way to the gas station now with my 25.00 for a fillup. I wonder how much gas I will actually get?

I will post an update when I get to work mad.gifbiggrin.gif

$5 a gallon is cheap compared to what we pay in the UK everyday!. However, during our recent fuel protests (too expensive etc.) some garages tried to do the same over charging trick and were charging the equivalent to $10 per gallon. I am pleased to report that all those in this area have since been boycotted and have now gone out of buisness. People power strikes again! So remember to withdraw your future buisness from the cheats.