Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hitachi seiki with Fanuc 6m

joe m

I have a Hitachi Seiki with a Fanuc 6m. I have spent the last few years running Fadals so I'm unfamilar with this machine. What I can't figure out is how to set the G54 offsets, tool length, and diameter offsets. Anyone that can give me some help?

hit the offset button twice to go from 'workoffset to height/diam. offset'.

on the workoffset page,there will be 6 places you can store your G54-G59

on the other page,you set your height offsets.

Ther is no diam. offset page so use your higher offset numbers for diam. comp.

Ex. D51

We have a few of these machines with the 6M control

We had a horrid noise coming from the Z axis. Turned out to the bearing on the end of the Z axis servo. We replaced it put everything back together and the noise is fixed but the machine will not tool change. It references fine and every other function seems OK. Do we need to "reset" some setting in the control?

quote:

It references fine and every other function seems OK.

Are you sure of that? We had one of our machines "jump the scales". It "looked" like everything was fine until the first cut. Try taking a cut with it on a piece of scrap. For example, when you program it to cut 10mm deep, is it cutting @ 10mm or deeper/shallower than the programmmed depth?